Thursday 7 July 2011

Day 21. 5th July. At Sea, the Mediterranean




Today was an At Sea day, this quite literally means we are at sea all day. While the concept of staying onboard all day may sound boring this is so far from the truth. There is just so much to do on a ship like this.

I stumbled home a little after 5:30am from a fun night with my new cruise buddies, and promptly slept in (though I don’t really know that it counts when you also don’t get to bed at a regular time) till 11.

Then we had a Meet and Greet event to attend for a group of people who use the website Cruise Critic. Here we met a brilliant couple from England who spent quite a lot of time with throughout the day.



I had entered the silly art action competitions - while drinking the free French Champagne. I got not only a phone message but also two letters inviting me to the art auction and announcement of the winner of the guess the price of the artwork. The fact that Raina entered too and didn’t get an invite made me greatly suspect that I may have won. I didn’t, I was off by $100. Actually this makes me a little bit glad. I really didn’t want to win an art package of weird paintings of olives drinking martinis and such, worth thousands of dollars. I don’t get that art.

After that we went to see the Ice Dancing Show, which was incredible. All the dancers were really good and two were guest stars and were absolutely incredible. This girl was crazy talented and did an act where she skated along while hoola-hooping six hoops. Then we saw a Motown Show, with four male singers. This also was really good and just a fun thing to do.




Our favorite bar was Boleros - those guys made the best Mojitos!  The Navigator was a great ship!!!!!!

I met up with most of the people I met the night before and again stayed out till the wee hours of the morning. Not the best idea when Athens is tomorrow but oh well, holidays aren’t made for being smart. :P

No comments:

Post a Comment